Solent NHS Trust’s Emotional First Aid Team invite you and your colleagues to take part in our next round of innovative
Anxiety Management Workshops
These courses will run on:
- Wednesday 16th October 2013
- Thursday 7th November 2013
The Solent Hotel & Spa
Hampshire PO15 7AJ
The course aims to leave you well-equipped to support and prepare students prior to stressful periods in the academic calendar.
The one day workshop will provide you with the following:
• an understanding of what causes anxiety: highlighting the range of anxiety-provoking situations young people may face
• an understanding of the effects of anxiety:
- · physical – the symptoms anxiety can have on the body in the short and long term
- · mental – the negative thoughts anxiety can generate in a young person’s mind, and how this can affect them and their understanding of the world around them
- · behaviour – how anxiety can affect a person’s behaviour & what we may observe in our daily interactions with young people
• information on how to access NHS services for young people experiencing more severe forms of anxiety.
You will also workshop how to deliver anxiety management sessions to young people in your organisation and all delegates will receive 250 complimentary copies of the Discovery Guide to Anxiety, http://www.emotionalfirstaid.co.uk/products
The course will run from 10:00am – 16:30pm
Lunch and refreshments will also be provided
The cost of the workshop will be £250 per person.
Feedback from previous Anxiety Management workshops delivered in January & February 2013
· “I learned how to present information about stress and anxiety in a straightforward way to various audiences (students, staff and parents) and to offer tips for how to manage anxiety symptoms”
· “I learned how to break down the idea of anxiety management to others both pupils and staff. Although I already knew a lot of the information about anxiety – I didn’t really know how to bring it all together in a coordinated form.”
· “I feel better equipped to help anxious pupils.”
· “As Head of year for the 5th year (Year 11) in my school I was particularly concerned with the level of anxiety amongst pupils in my year group. A significant part of their final study skills session is now allocated to ‘Anxiety Management’ using information/ skills from this course and the booklet.”
· “Students have benefitted from the excellent booklets”
For more information, or if you would like to book a place for yourself or one of your colleagues, please reply to this email or phone the Emotional First Aid Team on: 02380 716650 or 02380 716675.