The Peer EFA training meets all five outcomes of the Every Child Matters (ECM) agenda:
- students enjoy and achieve by increasing own awareness and learning and developing their self confidence within a group setting
- make a positive contribution to their school by peer mentoring more vulnerable students
- achieve a greater sense of well-being
- staying safe by understanding early warning signs to emotional distress including indicators of stress
- being healthy by raising awareness to emotional difficulties and mental health issues by promoting early intervention and creating positive change
Along with a range of soft outcomes for students, care has been taken to include opportunites for students to develop key skills in literacy & numeracy throughout the course. These are more explicitly identified in the teaching material provided for Trainers.